Thursday, July 6, 2017

Why I Love my REALTOR® Interview


Tracy Elman is not your average REALTOR®. Tracy has an interesting background full of things she has done. Not just done but got very good at them. She also cares about others, and you can tell she does.

Why did you become a real estate professional?

Back 31 years ago, I was the first one in my family to get my real estate license. I did because we had our house for sale and had a bad agent. Instead of getting a lawyer I went to real estate school. I asked all my questions and loved the class, so I stayed on and got my license. Then I loved the business. Things were different then. There wasn't the computers and technology. We wrote contracts with NCR paper and made mimeograph copies. We took checks and put them in the broker's trust accounts.

Who are some of your business idols and role models? And why?

Well, there was not that many people who networked so we didn't know the successful people other than working with them, word of mouth and bus benches. So I didn't have any. Now I do. My broker is a role model for me. He is extremely well known, well liked, gives back to the community and is an excellent coach. Cindy in my office is another role model for me. She has a big heart and is a great support for me. My husband and my son are great teachers.

What's the most memorable experience you've had with a client?

Just because I had them doesn't mean they were good memories. lol. I had many, but one was a Korean lady, and I went to East LA at night to see a house that almost fell through the unsteady warped kitchen floor. The house was on stilts down a cliff and was at the top of the hill. Gang members chased us downhill to the car, I got in, and she was not there yet. I started the car and let her in. We drove back to the valley where the car in front of us had parts of the car flying off and hit my car. There was no payphone until we got to North Hollywood. I called 911 and was on hold so long I hung up and left. That was it for me. I learned about boundaries.

What makes you stand out from other real estate professionals?

I do what many realtors don't or won't do. I also have the knowledge, that many do not have and designations and experience. I also help and care about people. It is not all about me or money. I genuinely care.

What do you do for fun?

Now I spend time with my husband and son. We visit the kids and grandkids often. We used to t-hunt. T-hunt stands for transmitter hunting where we would triangulate the signal to find a 4-wheel drive vehicle with a CB radio in a game of hide and seek. I also write books sold on Amazon and other stores. I have recorded audio books as a voiceover artist. I do my own audio and video editing. I have received many awards and medals for them.

What are your favorite things to do in the neighborhood?

I enjoy meeting new people, getting to know them, enjoying a glass of iced tea with them. I also love to video them telling old stories.

What are your favorite restaurants in the neighborhood?

I love so many of the places to eat here. I guess I just love food. In the last month, I have eaten at Bobs Country Meats, Saugus Cafe, Hook Burger, Red Lobster, IHOP, and Baby Tuna.

What are some odd requests you've had from clients?

Would I marry their son? I am married. Can I change the light bulb for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment